how about them being so busy, they have to schedule when to have sex? cue post-it notes on fridges and text message to negotiate. (hint: charles simply refuses to wake up an hour early. it’s a hard limit, much to erik’s dismay)
Sorry I haven’t posted anything in a while! This fill got out of hand, and i’ve been feeling kind of brain dead, PLUS I’ve had to do ACTUAL WORK at my job. Sheesh.
In blue half-light of early morning, Charles looks angelic. He’s curled on his side with one pale arm tucked under his pillow, his eyelashes resting in a dark sweep across his cheeks, his mouth parted as he slowly breathes, deep in sleep.
Erik wants to do dirty, perverse things to him.
After a moment he pushes in close and presses a lingering kiss against Charles’ throat, trails his mouth slowly under his jaw and over to the spot beneath his ear that normally drives him crazy. He grazes his teeth there, gently, and whispers softly in Charles’ ear: wake up darling.
Charles remains emphatically asleep.
After a while Erik gives up and goes to jerk off in the shower. It’s not an ideal start to his day, especially when he realizes that he can’t remember the last time he got laid. It’s possible that this is a normal thing for people in committed relationships with full time jobs, but Erik is accustomed to a consistent level of sex in his day-to-day and recently that quota has not been filled.
thor is always running into little kids who are thrilled to meet him - he doesn’t really understand the concept of signing autographs, but he starts carrying asgardian toys around in his pockets to give to kids he meets (much to shield’s chagrin - how are we supposed to keep alien tech under control when the god of thunder is giving out magnetic propulsion toys to five-year-olds?)
but one day, he meets this girl who’s nine, maybe ten, and she runs up to him all misty-eyed and immediately asks him if he knows jane foster
and her mother’s embarrassed because “honey, that’s thor, aren’t you excited to see thor?” but the girl just explains that she wants to be a scientist when she grows up, and that jane foster is the astrophysicist (she pronounces the word carefully, as if she’s been practicing) who found out how the rainbow bridge worked - isn’t that so cool? she read about it in kids discover and they watched a documentary in school and dr. foster was in it and it made her think that maybe because she likes planets so much she could be a scientist, too
and thor smiles broadly and tells her that wanting to be a scientist is a noble dream, and he says “if your mother would be willing, i could introduce you”
and that’s how jane foster ends up with a tiny science geek in pigtails trailing around behind her in her lab, asking how everything works. jane can’t really comprehend the fact that a kid would want to meet her, but she likes explaining things and she looks at this girl and can’t help seeing herself. thor is just fucking delighted because to him the idea of jane being a child’s hero makes perfect sense, why wouldn’t it? she’s jane
and years later the girl grows up to be an astrophysicist or an astronaut or an aerospace engineer and she never forgets the time that dr. jane foster knelt down beside her and said, don’t let anybody stop you from chasing the stars, if that’s what you want
jane foster inspiring girls in science, y/y
I got tagged by widgenstain! :D Thanks!
Rules: Hit shuffle on your iPod/iPhone/iTunes/media player and write down the first 10 songs. Then pass this onto 10 people.
- I Need My Girl - The National
- Wide Awake - Katy Perry
- כוכבי מרום (Kochavi Marom) - Rinat Bar
- I’m Not In Love - 10CC
- Exile Vilify - The National
- Where My Heart Will Take Me - Russell Watson
- How Bad We Need Each Other - Marc Scibilia
- ليلي (Leiley) - Dania Khatib
- Pozwól Żyć - Gosia Andrzejewicz
- Time In A Bottle - Jim Croce
My music taste is clearly…. all over the place.
I tag people who (hopefully) haven’t done this a million times! Feel free to not do this, as always. :-)
aaahhhh I am so sorry to disappoint
This is Charles Francis Fluffington Xavier III
(he is a very stylish stuffed corg, he wears fuzzy socks as scarves)
I was tagged by ladydrace, quite a long time ago! Oops….
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asked, and write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
This is a gif meme! So I get to answer all the questions with gifs. Those who know me well know I have an extensive gif folder. SO THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT.
His name is Charles Francis Fluffington Xavier III. More informally known as Corgles.
(he is my perf wubb and i love him so much okay, I tuck him under my chin every night before I go to sleep)
here, have a few corgs for yourself! <3
i got tagged by panzercat waaaayyyyy too long ago. Sorry for just getting around to it now!
Tag game: give us five random things about yourself & pass it on to ten of your followers. REPOST. DON’T REBLOG.
(rules, you can fuck off. I do as I please.)
1. Songs = memories to me. If I was listening to a song when something particularly notable happened in my life, that song will forever be an instant ticket to my thoughts at the time. It’s amazingly potent. I can go for years without remembering the dormant thoughts hidden in a song, and then get virtually smacked in the face by the force of how much I remember. On the other side of that, sometimes a song can remind me very strongly of something that didn’t even matter at the time (and may not even matter now).
2. Potatoes and I have a special relationship.
3. I still try to pay for things in NIS (New Israeli Shekel) increments. It’s embarrassing.
4. I don’t have a driver’s license. Public transportation and the car service I use are my FRIENDS.
5. I have a weakness for YouTubers doing Let’s Plays, but I can only watch one of them because everyone else I’ve ever encountered is racist, sexist, and homophobic to the extreme. That being said, I like my favorite YouTuber quite a lot, so it doesn’t really bother me that he’s the only one I watch.
TAG GAME: CHARACTERS WHO SHARE THE SAME PERSONALITY TYPE AS YOU.
If you don’t know your personality type, take the test here
Tagged by: jabletown
Rules: Find out what characters share the same personality type as you here and list the characters that you find relevant below. Then tag five friends and let them know you tagged them.
I was literally just thinking about this! And then I realized that Jables tagged me. Aaaaages ago. ;-)
- Dick Grayson (Robin 1/Nightwing) from Batman
- Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings
- Arnold Perlstein from The Magic School Bus
- Mako Mori from Pacific Rim
- Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries
- Marge Simpson from The Simpsons
- Christine Chapel from Star Trek TOS
- Guinan from Star Trek TNG
- Reg Barclay from Star Trek TNG and VOY
- Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones
- Ezri Dax from Star Trek DS9
- Kes from Star Trek VOY
- Dr. Phlox from Star Trek ENT
- Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars
(can I get a hell yes for Mako Mori? and Obi-Wan? And everyone from Star Trek ever? Also Aragorn??? this is a great personality type for characters. I’m loving it.)
Thanks for tagging me, jabletown! That was fun. :-) I tag (with no obligations of course):
For those of you who don’t know, my love and I aren’t living together right now. Partially because of different jobs/living situations, partly because, well, we need space.
I got my prescription for Adevan the other day, and took my first one this afternoon after a particularly stressful moment in my day. They’re supposed to last eight hours (mine will go away in about fifty minutes, by which time I’ll be asleep, thankfully), so it was still around by the time my love and I got on Skype for our evening chat, half an hour ago.
We discussed normal, fun things- our day, my mum, stories we’re currently writing, and then ended up briefly diverging to a normally tough subject.
I could see I made her upset. I acknowledged it. I re-iterated my own needs, and suggested a possible compromise.
Not once did I say sorry for what I needed. Not once did I second-guess my words, or worry about upsetting her by simply having needs.
She noticed it. I noticed it. I cried. A lot.
I didn’t know that having a relationship could be this way.